Postdoctoral Fellowships in Comparative Literature, Northwestern University
The Comparative Literary Studies Program invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Comparative Literature that will run from September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2022. We are especially interested in candidates with strong backgrounds/research focuses on Critical Theory or Comparative Poetry and Poetics.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature and proven familiarity with critical methodologies and approaches to the study of literature. The fellow will teach two required, upper-division undergraduate courses per year and offer one public lecture and two workshops per year on their research. Candidates must complete all Ph.D. requirements before August 31, 2020. Applicants with a Ph.D. must have completed it after September 1, 2016.
This position is a two-year, full-time fellowship with benefits.
Please submit a brief research statement, C.V., writing sample of approximately 25 pages, two sample syllabi for upper division undergraduate courses, graduate transcripts, teaching evaluations and three letters of recommendation. In order to ensure full consideration, all application materials must be received by December 9, 2019. Inquiries about the search may be sent to Sarah Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: December 9, 2019.
Application link is provided below. Please read all Online Application Instructions before applying.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Online Application Instructions. Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and e-mail addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf. NOTE: If you are using a professional placement or dossier service (e.g. Interfolio) to submit any or all recommendations, please use the service’s address instead of your recommender’s address in the appropriate space. Letters of recommendation need to be received by December 9, 2019.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk(*) and must be filled before clicking the “submit” button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
- Application Documents Section: Please upload the following application documents (PDFs) in the application portal. No document may exceed 8MB in size. File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters:
- Brief research statement addressing dissertation, as well as future project (approximately 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Writing sample (approximately 25 pages)
- Two sample syllabi for upper-division undergraduate courses (Please combine into a single PDF file to upload)
- Graduate transcripts (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable with the understanding that official transcripts may be requested at a later date)
- Teaching evaluations / evidence of teaching effectiveness (such as CTEC reports)
Applications accepted here: https://facultyrecruiting.northwestern.edu/apply/NzYx
Application Deadline: December 9, 2019
Questions? Contact Sarah Peters, email@example.com